The RPRA British Olympiad Show took place over the weekend at the Exhibition Centre Liverpool.
In addition to the Olympiad classes, there were classes for show racers and racing pigeons, and trade stands present.
The full results are below – click on the image to download a copy. You can see a report on the show on the JMU Journalism website.
Our thanks to the following companies and individuals for their help in starting the RPRA Olympiad Show in Liverpool:
– ToPigeon Timer for donating an iPigeon ETS system for the best racing pigeon.
– Walkers European Transport for providing the transport for the Olympiad pigeons in the UK.
– Vanrobaeys for offering ten bags of food for the best placed UK pigeon in the Poznan Olympiad.
– Alan Shinton of Crest Environmental for sponsorship of the show classes and specials.
– An anonymous donation sponsoring four classes.
– Clifford Davenport for sponsoring a class.
– Elrick Bennett for providing the trophies.
– Alan Tullett for his help in sourcing the rosettes.
– Linda Brooks of the Scottish Homing Union for making us the show award cards.
– The ladies of the BHW for their help with the show admin.
Our thanks also to:
– The judges: Alan Shinton, Tony Murray, Clifford Davenport, Dave Woodworth and Matt Cotton.
– The specials judge, Alan Jones, and his steward Peter Morris.
– Les Blacklock for presenting the prizes.
– Olympiad standard class judges, John Waters and John Wheatcroft.
– The stewards: Terry Allen, Neil Blakemore, Steve Goulding, Eddie Williams and Matt Cotton.
– Olympiad class stewards, John Waters and Robbie Thomas.
– All the trade stands, exhibitors, Olympiad entrants and visitors for being in at the start of this new, hopefully annual show. We hope we can improve on things year by year.